Are you looking for software that will improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to make communication and collaboration easier at your firm?
You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of SharePoint. Ensure that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval with this.
Is there a good choice for your business? Will you make a smart investment?
We will give you features and benefits to help you make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
There is a web-based platform called Microsoft SharePoint Online. It has an integration with Microsoft Office for storing and sharing files. It is a document management system.
Organizations can coordinate and communicate in a secure way with the help of SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules and get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the create site option if you want to choose a Page.
- The team site can be selected.
- The design of your website will match your needs.
- Correct details can be entered, which includes name and description.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a containing space for your members lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is provided by SharePoint. Users have access to the documents once they click on the library.
The method of use for the document library is perfect.
- The documents can be chosen from the left- vertical pane.
- You can add new items. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- The app will open a Microsoft Office file.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time in modern web apps. You can still check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update and review items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that you can use. They are similar to the automated flowchart application that handles business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency will be gained by this.
There are different roles with the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute queries. The recent website and any sub-sites have the scope of search. The search application processes the query and returns results that are in line with the queries.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. When you add words to the search query box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content. The data can be stored in a library.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are components in this template that support project management.
- A project summary.
- There is a task timetable.
- The task list has tasks.
- A calendar.
- There is a document library
- Task management features are built into it.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects hassle-free with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration.”